This Chicken Wrap is easy breezy to make, tastes GREAT, and allows you to get creative and experiment with your own variation. Enjoy!
4X Chicken breasts
1x packet salad greens
1x 250gm cottage cheese with chives
125 gm chopped bacon
250 gm chopped mushrooms
1x red onion sliced into rings
¼ each of red, green and yellow peppers sliced Julienne-style
2 tablespoons Olive oil, plus more if needed
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
4 small flour tortillas
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Peppadew Sauce (for serving)
Coriander leaves (for serving)
- Lightly grill the chicken breasts in a pan with olive oil, until cooked. Season to taste.
- Thinly slice the chicken breasts
- In a fresh pan, heat olive oil, add the onion, mushrooms and bacon, and lightly fry until cooked. Season to taste.
- Heat your tortillas for 10 seconds or as per the packaging intructions. You’ll need to work fast and remove them before they harden.
- Place one tortilla on a plate,
- Spread with cottage cheese, and some salad greens,
- Spoon one tablespoon-ful mixture of the bacon, onion and mushroom mix.
- Add a few of the peppers for colour.
- Fold your tortilla and then drench with Peppadew sauce, and grated cheese.
- Garnish with coriander and enjoy
Please share your personal variations, and your family’s feedback!