Let’s face it, #BossLadies, when a long day’s work has left you with little steam, the last thing you want to do is toil in the kitchen for endless hours. To our delight, our #BossLady Foodies have created some flavourful recipes that you can whip up in a fraction of the time – and without breaking the bank!
As if that wasn’t enough, our young wine slayer, Tshepang has paired each dish with 1 great wine. *clink clink*
Fruity Chutney and Curried Wors Pasta: RECIPE by GLAMFOODIE
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 6 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 box KNORR Mince Mate Fruity Chutney Flavour Curry
- 15ml Sunflower Oil
- 10ml crushed garlic
- 1 chopped onion
- 2,5ml curry powder (Rajah Medium)
- 500g Boerewors (sliced into bite-sized pieces)
- ½ Green pepper chopped
- ½ Red pepper chopped
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
- 800ml hot water
- 75ml Milk
- 15ml fresh coriander
- Optional: 20g grated cheddar cheese
- Bring a medium-sized pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta until al dente (cooked but still firm). Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in large saucepan or deep pan and fry garlic and onions until soft. Add the curry powder and fry for 30 seconds to release flavour and aroma
- Add the sliced boerewors and fry until well browned on all sides. Add the green pepper, red pepper and zucchini and sauté for 5 mins.
- Add contents of Seasoning Mix and hot water to the pan and allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Combine the sauce with cooked pasta and transfer to a serving dish
- Empty contents of Topping Mix sachet in a jug and add cold milk. Stir until smooth. Spoon evenly onto the top of sauce and cooked pasta. (Optional: Add grated cheese) Place under hot grill for 5minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and garnish with chopped coriander. Serve immediately.
BASIL PESTO FETTUCCINE PASTA: RECIPE BY DIVINELY KAY
Pair with: De Grendel Koetshuis Sauvignon Blanc 2015
- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- 400g Fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 ½ Tbsps. Olive oil
- 20ml Crushed garlic
- 80g Pine nuts, finely crushed
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
- 400g Fettuccine Pasta
- ½ Onion, finely chopped
- 200g Bacon, diced (Optional)
- 200g Brown Mushrooms, chopped
- 125g Fresh Cream
- 15ml Flour
- Finely chop basil leaves and pine nuts. In a bowl, mix the basil, pine nuts and crushed garlic. Add salt and black pepper for taste. Then add olive oil and stir until evenly combined. Place aside.
- Alternatively, throw all the ingredients into a blending machine. Blend until finely chopped, then add olive oil and combine. Place aside.
- In a medium pot, boil pasta until cooked but still firm (al dente). In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat, add onions, bacon and mushrooms. Cook until lightly brown.
- Add flour and stir for 3 minutes. Reduce heat. Add basil pesto mixture and allow to simmer for 4 minutes. Add fresh cream and mix until evenly combined. Add pasta to pesto mixture. Plate in a pasta bowl. Drizzle olive oil and enjoy
Beer-Braised Chicken Thighs: RECIPE BY VANESSA
- Serves: 3-4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
- 6 Chicken Thighs
- 1 Large Red Onions
- 2 Spring Onions
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Can Whole/Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Beer (330ml can)
- 2 Tsp Dry Oregano
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees bake
- Rinse your chicken thighs and pat dry with kitchen paper. Season the thighs with salt and pepper.
- Chop onions into large chunks and then peel the garlic cloves and crush them slightly. Quarter your mushrooms.
- Heat cooking oil in a large pan that’s also ovenproof (you may also use an ovenproof dish). Once the oil is heated, fry the chicken at high heat until it has browned (this is called ‘searing the meat’). Remove from the pan and place aside.
- In the same pan, add the onions and mushrooms, and fry until half done. Add the whole garlic cloves, oregano and can of tomatoes. Simmer until the tomatoes are cooked down and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the beer and cook at high heat for 5 minutes. Place the chicken thighs in the gravy.
- Add the thyme sprigs on top and place under the oven uncovered for 35 minutes. If you’re using an oven proof dish, just transfer the gravy into the dish and place the chicken on top with the thyme sprigs.
- Once cooked, the chicken thighs will be tender and the gravy would have reduced and thickened. Thinly slice spring onions and sprinkle over chicken for garnish